Helicopter Pilot TrainingModern, adapted helicopters
- Robinson RH 22 Beta II
- Robinson RH44 Raven II
- Ecureuil AS350
Our school has been appoved by the DGAC ( civil aviation authorities)
Here are some explanations to help you choose your training. The training files below contain full information.
Helicopter pilot qualifications and licences are regulated by the FCL2.
For each licence two courses and two diplomas are needed, theory (written exam) and flying (flight exam).
There are three licences and three levels of helicopter pilot
- PPL(H) Private helicopter pilot licence : allows you to fly without receiving payment. The helicopter can not be used for profit purposes. The passengers may share the cost of the flight with the pilot.
- CPL(H) Commercial pilot licence. Allows you to be paid for flying single-pilot helicopters for aerial work or passenger transport (paying passengers)
- ATPL(H) Commercial pilot licence. Allows you to be paid for flying single or mult-pilot helicopters for aeria work and passenger transport (paying passengers)
Extra training is needed for the following qualifications or rights
- Training for small zones outside airports: allows you to land and take off from helisurfaces in the country under certain conditions. Authorization from the Préfecture is compulsory.
- Night flying: allows you to fly at night under certain conditions.
- English skills: as the language of international aviation is English, this certificate is needed if you want to fly outside France.
- QT qualification: this is needed if you want to fly a helicopter other than the one you trained on and is subsequently needed for each new type of helicopter you fly
- Instrument flying: flying without outside visual reference. A minimum is required for landing and take-off
- Instructor: enables you to give training
- Helicopter examiner: enables you to do flight tests for PPL(H) and CPL (H), and to pass or fail the candidate.
The qualifications are linked to the licence(s) held and have a limited validity, in particular QT qualifications are valid for one year and a flight test is required to extend them.l est nécessaire chaque année pour leur prorogation.
Click to consult